Repoholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Repoholics

Calling all Rep Lovers - UNITE!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joy Discussion

+6
pinky.swears
armcandy
ellieq
sha0520
mscg
Admin
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Joy Discussion Empty Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I picked up my package from Joy today, and I am just so fuming mad, it's not even funny. I will take detailed pics/review asap and post them up for ya'll to see. The wallets (Vernis Zippy Organizer as well as the Damier Graphite Multiple wallet) was of extremely poor craftsmanship, and literally felt like PVC. In addition, they were DIRTY and STAINED.I am so disappointed!

I already emailed Joy with the pictures of it to see if she even responds. It's not even worth for me to send these back with the outrageous shipping! Evil or Very Mad

https://repoholics.forumotion.com

2Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Got an email from Joy, and she offered me a $40.00 refund... UGH!!! Sad

3Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:27 pm

mscg

mscg

Oh no! DIRTY? Ugh, sounds like another case of them sending out merchandise that was already returned! Rude!

4Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm

sha0520

sha0520

wow. i always was under the impression joy did better qual checks. especially with her higher prices.

i ordered a gucci bag from her a few days ago. wonder how its gonna look...

sorry to hear about this! Mad

5Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 pm

mscg

mscg

Did you guys ask for pictures? I need to remember that the next time I order from any seller.

6Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 pm

sha0520

sha0520

i didnt, no. but i will make sure to ask for them from her next time. i just hope this bag is ok... *fingers crossed*

7Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

No, she was unable to send me pictures of the items since this is through that 'free shipping' promotion. Joy stated that since she didn't have enough people on staff and the fact that there was a large order for the promotion she needed to accomplish, 'strict quality control' wasn't her top priority. She did say that if I paid for the shipping separately, she would be able to send me pictures.

That doesn't make any sense - so, if a customer purchases things through a promotion, that means less of a quality control?! I don't know about ya'll, but I was REALLY turned off about this whole transaction!

8Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 am

sha0520

sha0520

i can understand why ur mad. thats no excuse. i dont know why sellers dont just take the extra 5 minutes to make sure a bag is clean, minus dirt and such! i'm not even talking about bag flaws, but the least they could do is make sure it doesnt look like its been USED!

9Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:26 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

sha0520 wrote:i can understand why ur mad. thats no excuse. i dont know why sellers dont just take the extra 5 minutes to make sure a bag is clean, minus dirt and such! i'm not even talking about bag flaws, but the least they could do is make sure it doesnt look like its been USED!

Sad Sad Sad

10Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 am

ellieq

Sorry to hear this, MrsJ. No excuses for such bad service. My mulberry pocketbook was a disappointment too and the color I actually wanted is still listed as in stock - what I got isn't, so suspect I was sent a remnant they wanted rid of.

Not sure I would buy from Joy again. Sigh.

11Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 am

armcandy

armcandy

Arrrgh MJ my heart hurts for you and I feel mad as I'm sure you do as well! There's at least 3 girls who have posted on the forums lately who were unhappy with the items from Joy that were purchased with her "free shipping" promotion. That's just absurd. A sale doesn't mean effing your loyal customers over Mad

I was going to buy one of the Illustre wallets from her during this promotion and am glad I second guessed it. She has had shining CS in the past, but her showings this month are making me really leery of purchasing with her.

I got the Graphite Multiple Wallet from J-Man for a friend and it looks pretty great. I can rustle up some pics if you want to see. I love you

12Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Sigh, oh well - it's a learning experience. It's such a shame, since she has a variety of items, too...

This was her email response to me:

i apologize things didn't work out. but the longer i stay in rep
business, the less i can cope with people's expectations... sigh.

happy holiays.

Joy

I think she's getting a little overwhelmed!

13Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 am

ellieq

That's such a rubbish response! she is running a business and accepting your money, why should you have
to feel sorry for her?

14Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

ellieq wrote:That's such a rubbish response! she is running a business and accepting your money, why should you have
to feel sorry for her?

Ha, trust me - I DO NOT feel sorry for her. Razz

15Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

pinky.swears

pinky.swears

Admin wrote:Sigh, oh well - it's a learning experience. It's such a shame, since she has a variety of items, too...

happy holiays.

Joy

Yuck. I'm sorry, Mrs. J!!!

The tone of Joy's response kinda reminds me of a quote I read from her in an article a while ago:

'"I am worried every day about being caught," Joy told Reuters in an email interview. "The old Chinese saying goes: It's a dagger hanging on top of my heart. I've been trying to get out of the business since day one. I have tried everything. I even started my own brand, but nothing sells like replicas," she said.'

But I'm not shedding any tears for Joy or any other seller. Jacky, Catty, Joy, Shaly, etc have all been in this business for a long time now. They know exactly how far they can "push it" in regards to meeting demand, quality control, the materials they are using, etc in order to keep their profit margins as high as possible.

Which is not to say that we should assume they're all bad people who are out to scam us--but they know that we're pretty much stuck with whatever they ship out and that only a certain percentage of people will even attempt retribution, so if they've got to move defective/used merch or they need to cut QC measures/staffing to save money, they're gonna do it!

They only need to worry about keeping most of us happy most of the time...and I think even that only goes for our highest caliber sellers! The lower-tier sellers probably couldn't give a hoot at all.

Folks, a dagger hangs over my heart as well Crying or Very sad ...what with her recent bump in Bal stock and her Picasa Chanel, I'd really hung my future rep hopes on Joy to pick up some of the slack that's been left by Jacky's recent (and hopefully temporary) bag fuggery.

Alas.

16Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Simi

Simi

Aweee no, I'm so sorry about this!

... and I just ordered an Epi Brea from her Sad

17Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 pm

joates

joates

Admin wrote:Sigh, oh well - it's a learning experience. It's such a shame, since she has a variety of items, too...

happy holiays.

Joy

Joy has told me in the past she wants to get out of the business, but the money is good, and it must be because she lives in the US. Her living in the US might explain why her shipping is so high compared to others, she might not be able to negotiate with her suppliers more effectively since they are all in China and she isn't.

I've never had an issue with Joy product wise, but maybe this sale was a bit more popular than she anticipated. I hope she resolves the issue.

18Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

joates

joates

Simi wrote:Aweee no, I'm so sorry about this!

... and I just ordered an Epi Brea from her Sad

I think that if you ordered from her outside her promotion it was business as usual, so no worries.

19Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm

mscg

mscg

Exactly, it seems as though whatever deal or negotiations she made to supply the shipping free accessories came at a price in quality control. Maybe it was with a specific factory that she doesn't deal with very often? Because I mean, this is Joy we're talking about. If we had to rate all of the sellers by satisfaction, she would most definitely score the highest marks.

But her response to MJ was inexcusable. Sorry Joy, you're a businesswoman and probably should have thought this through a bit better. Free shipping should not equate to used merchandise. Sad

Simi, I would absolutely not worry about the Epi Brea, those bags are flawless. If she sends pictures beforehand, maybe you can post them here so we can all take a look at it, make sure it's acceptable?

I still can't believe she doesn't accept Paypal anymore. I don't even know what to make of that.

20Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 pm

sha0520

sha0520

is it just me, or do you think maybe joy should cut back on the number of items she has in stock? if she cant do better with QA, maybe only do a select few items REALLY well? JMO.

21Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

HA, too bad Joy isn't a member on this forum! Razz

22Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:28 pm

mscg

mscg

I'm actually relieved. We can complain and moan about sellers as much as we want without worrying about them blacklisting or shunning us. Very Happy

23Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

mscg wrote:I'm actually relieved. We can complain and moan about sellers as much as we want without worrying about them blacklisting or shunning us. Very Happy

TOTALLY TRUE.

24Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:14 pm

lulu

lulu

I have actually backed off from buying from her for a while because of a bad quality experience with her on a Gucci bag, I no longer have the bag otherwise I would share it No

25Joy Discussion Empty Re: Joy Discussion Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

lulu wrote:I have actually backed off from buying from her for a while because of a bad quality experience with her on a Gucci bag, I no longer have the bag otherwise I would share it No

Were you able to sell it off? Good riddance!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum